Well, a day ago Chelsea R. H. did the Disney Writing Tag. Well, I love both Disney and Writing. Let’s see what I can come up with.
1. ALADDIN — Poof! A genie appears and is willing to grant you ONE wish to fix your current WIP. What do you wish for? Hmmmm. So much, So much. Maybe fix big picture problems- then all I would left to do is grammar.
2. LION KING — If you had to retell a Shakespearean play using animals as the main characters, which play would you choose and which animals? I do not know which play. I do know what animals, and they are The Fairy Frogs. Fairy Frogs are naturally gifted in the arts. So, the performers would be on stage. There are those naturally gifted in carpentry, etc… So, they literally can put together an entire production.
3. POCAHONTAS — Have you ever pulled inspiration for a story from history, and what was it? No, I have not.
4. SNOW WHITE — What was the very first story you ever wrote? I do not think so. The first stories I even brought up are those I said to my parents. I never even wrote those down.
5. MULAN — Who is the strongest character you’ve ever written and what made them strong? My strongest character out of the 13 I have created? I believe it might be Marge. She is only 12 years old, and the younger cousin of Sarge. She once felt like an outsider and did feel misunderstood all because she was related to Sarge. Marge is Sarge’s easiest target because her father is loving unlike his father, who is unloving and abusive. She was about 8.5 when Sarge started mistreating her. Despite the pain he left her, Marge eventually stood up to Sarge. She was truly the only toad, who knew just how awful Graysloup was. She knew just how lonely and broken all of the toads were- that was caused by how Sarge treated them. All she wanted was for someone to show her compassion and to have a friend. That was why she was glad Sparkle entered her life. Throughout the book, you see her standing up to her cousin- even though each time, he would still mistreat her.
6. STAR WARS — If you had to live in one of the worlds or setting you’ve created, which would it be and why? That’s easy. I only created one world, which is The Cattail Forest. Found within The Cattail Forest is Fairy Creek and Graysloup. Of those two setting, it would be Fairy Creek I would love to visit. It is where the Fairy Frogs live. and that is where the strongest culture is. Fairy Creek has amazing weather, and you can clearly see just how gifted they are in the arts (from the painted pebbles to the Gazebo to the treehouses to the bridges, etc). Graysloup is not that appealing- so why would I want to go there? So, Fairy Creek it is.
7. ANTHEMS — Which Disney song(s) would you put on your writing playlist? This is always a tough answer.
8. RETELLINGS — Which fairytale movie would you want to retell? I honestly have no idea. I have two more story ideas, and both of them are not retellings.
9. FROZEN — Which character that you’ve written is Most Likely to be misunderstood or incorrectly interpreted as a villain? I actually have two for this one, and they are related. Prior to the events in the book and for part of the book, Marge was misunderstood. That was only because she was related to Sarge. Many of the toads thought she was literally just like him, but in reality- not true. Sarge is the one most likely to be seen as villain- but he really isn’t. He is confused, conflicted, jealous (in particular to Marge), and angry about his past. He is still quite bitter about what happened- he does not want to reveal the truth of his past. All because of how his father treated him, he ended up putting his pain on others. He isn’t exactly a villain.
10. MOANA — If you had to go on an epic journey with ONE of your characters, and the two of you were tasked with saving the world, who would you choose and why? One of my characters? Boy- my main character, Sparkle, is adventurous. No matter who I pick, most likely they will go on this epic journey with at least one or more of the Fairy Frogs or Toads. Still, “Tale of the Cattail Forest”, has the main theme of friendship. Darcy and Felipe are best friends- they wouldn’t want to be apart- nor would Sparkle and Misty. If this epic journey happens to Sparkle, Misty, or Marge- it would have to happen when they are older- they are only 12. Still- they will take others with them.
11. PINOCCHIO — What’s the most common lie you tell people about your stories or writing? I do not know if I told a lie about my stories or not. Well, now that I think of it- I once told people that my 2nd WIP will be Greatest Discovery, but that will change. Now my 2nd WIP has changed to Lizzy the Lizard.
12. SIDEKICKS — Who is your favorite minor character you’ve written that you wish you could give their own full story to? I think my favorite minor character is Tweetsie, a five year old. She is the most energetic. She is still trying to figure out her Fairy Frog craft. She may mostly show her energetic side, but she does have a brave side as well. Her energetic nature can drive my main character nuts at times. Actually, part of the personality of a Fairy Frog does connect to their craft- which does explain why she is so energetic- of course, she is that way due to her age and (SPOILER): she does learn she is a performer. However, Tweetsie only only shows her bravery when it is needed the most. Like all Fairy Frogs, she is compassionate and clever.