To several people, they might think I am just this musical theatre fanatic. However, that is so far from the truth. What exactly makes me who I am outside of the musical theatre world?
- I am hardworking and determined
- My favorite color is pink
- I have a strong spirit
- I love to volunteer
- I love contemporary christian music just as much as I love musicals
- I am a bookworm- lover of classics and fantasies
- I am a Sociology Major with two minors (Spanish Cultural Studies and Theater)
- I love coloring
- I am a mountain person- just love being around nature and hiking
- I am actually in the middle of becoming an author- 3 ideas being worked on right now
- I live in Charlotte, NC- ever since 2002
- I actually have been abroad three times: France, Costa Rica, and England
- I collect snow-globes
- I have visited 18 states (which includes the one I live in), and been to Washington D.C.
- I know how to play piano
So you see that humans are not just one thing. Several things makes us who we are- our family, our schools, and friends among other things.
There is a reason why the best characters in any kind of storytelling are complex. Humans are complex so to us those characters are well “human”. The are the characters who deal with conflict, meaning they will show both positive and negative emotions. These are the characters whose backstory is part of why they are complex. Due to being complex, they can be interpreted in many ways- that leads to seeing multiple portrayals of the same character (that is why I tend to combine portrayals).