What makes you get to know a musical character?
1. The first actor and actress- there is a reason why your first actor and actress is so important. Prior, you never knew anything about the character. Then with the first actor and actress: they are the first- they give you the first impression. You begin to know the character through them.
2. Other characters- Why did I say other characters? You could hear one character say something about another character- you can either believe it or not believe it.
3. Actions- what a character does is a way to get to know them. How they respond to certain situations allows you to see both their strengths and weaknesses. Actions are highly important.
4. Combination of actors/actresses- okay, if you see a show more than once, you will see more than one actor or actress playing the same part. That means each actor and actress will have a slightly different take or huge take on the character. So when you combine the portrayals- you get to know the characters even more. Doing that makes a character more complex. If a character can be portrayed in several ways shows just how complex a character is.
5. Relatability – If you actually relate to the character, you can get to know the character really well. You can see themselves in you.
How do you think you can get to know a character?