Now, I will talk about my favorite songs. I do not think I have a top ten favorite list of Phantom songs. Now here are my favorite Phantom of the Opera songs.
1. Overture- this is the first time I included an overture in the series. Well, it is just the most perfect overture. When I saw the musical at the Peace Center in 2014, the moment the overture started, I just couldn’t take eyes off of that chandelier. It gives you an overall taste of the mood that Phantom of the Opera is: the overture is both haunting and beautiful.
2. Think of Me- such a gorgeous song. That is really why I love this song.
3. Angel of Music – same reason why I love Think of Me.
4. Phantom of the Opera- the reason why I love this song is that you finally get to meet the Phantom. It is just gives you this overall haunting feeling.
5. Music of the Night- this is just a very very beautiful song. This is my favorite song that the Phantom gets to sing.
6. All I Ask of You- just a gorgeous duet between Christine and Raoul. It shows just how much the two of them love each other. It shows that Raoul will protect Christine. It shows just how perfect of a couple the two of them are.
7. Masquerade- I love looking at all of the beautiful costumes in this number. It is also a very beautiful number. It seems that a lot of my reasons for loving various numbers is for their beauty.
8. Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again- what I love about this song is both its beauty and the heartbreaking nature behind it. It shows just how much Christine loved her father and that she is still grieving his death.
Most of my favorite songs in Phantom of the Opera are beautiful songs. Of course I love the title songs, which isn’t beautiful, but actually haunting. I love how the musical isn’t fully haunting, but instead hauntingly beautiful.