I decided to write a list of why I love the city of Charlotte. I grew up in Charlotte, NC and still live there.
- Blumenthal Performing Arts- tours go through there. In Charlotte, there are two main theaters, which are Belk and Ovens. I am so thankful for this because of my love for musicals. Due to the size of Charlotte, touring productions like to stop in Charlotte. Shows I have loved that I have seen on tour in Charlotte are Newsies, Wicked (3x), Pippin, Sound of Music and Rent.
- Greenways- wonderful places to go on walks. You walk on these paths that allows you to be out in nature. As a matter of fact, my inspiration for Fairy Frogs came from a walk on a Greenway.
- Amelie’s French Bakery and Cafe
- Independent Bookstores
- Southpark Mall and Carolina Place Mall
- Symphony in the Park- outdoor symphony in June at Southpark Mall
- Downtown in Charlotte is called “Uptown”
- Lightrail- it allows you to get downtown. The nice thing about it is it allows you to stop somewhere and get to the Blumenthal Center, where Belk Theatre is. Or if you just want to spend time downtown or go to this place on 7th street, which is kind of like a food court and have breakfast or any meal at. So the light rail is a nice way for transportation
How is it that the city I grew up in and still live in, I can’t think of many reasons why I love it? So those are the reasons for now.
What do you love about the city you are from?