In connection to yesterday’s post about where a musical takes place, I want this post dedicated to where have I gone to see a musical. I may be 23, but it is already impressive just how many places I have seen a musical. I will write done either the state or city and write down some of the musicals I have seen there. To be honest, two of those places are locations where I don’t remember seeing a musical.
- Virginia- Oliver: this is one of the locations where I don’t remember seeing the musical
- Florida- Cats, Seussical the Musical: this is the second location where I don’t remember seeing a musical
- Missouri- Annie (2014)- Annie was my favorite musical in elementary school and I am glad I got to see the stage show and I got to experience the stage show with my grandma
- South Carolina- Phantom of the Opera (2014)- this was a date with my mom
- North Carolina- Lion King?, Beauty and the Beast?, Wicked (3x- sometime in 2008-2009, 2013, 2016), Les Mis (2013 (3x)), Newsies (2016), Pippin (2015), Music Man (2015), Sound of Music (2015), Little Shop of Horrors (2017), Rent is coming up in September: this is a combination of touring productions and college productions
- New York- Wicked (2006)- this was truly the starting point of my understanding and love of musicals and I was with my mom.
- London- Les Mis (2015)- I saw Les Mis in the West End with my mom and we were about nine rows back from the stage.
I find this to be an impressive list. Some of these shows I saw at college, on tour, on Broadway, and in the West End. Sometimes I have seen a musical with my family, as a date with either mom or dad or my grandma, and sometimes I have seen it with friends from school. Just based off of this list, I have seen the most musicals in North Carolina, which makes sense because I am from North Carolina and it is where I currently live. The fact that I saw my first show on Broadway at the age of 12 is pretty awesome and that at the age of 21, I saw a show on the West End.
Where have you been to see a live musical?