Below is a list of favorite moments I have when going to a musical.
- Hearing the overture
- Listening to the orchestra
- The joy of falling love with a new musical
- When a musical song start outs slow and suddenly speeds up
- When you realize you have an emotional connection to the material
- Realizing that a musical will be meaningful
- Falling in love with a character if you are seeing the musical for the first time
- If a musical is a duet, when the song becomes a duet
- When the emotion of a song truly begins
- The moment you realize you love the entire plot
- Whenever there is a crescendo
- If a musical is dance musical, the moment where the dance truly becomes alive
- In a spectacle musical, each time you see spectacle
- When you see a musical again, discovering something new about a character especially a favorite one
So these are some of my favorite things I love about seeing a musical either new or old. There are so many reasons why all musicals are joyful. In my opinion, the first emotion you feel drives the rest of the show. Excitement and joy tend to be the first two emotions you feel due to the overture and the first couple of notes of the orchestra. All musicals are joyful due to the experience and all emotions have joy in them no matter what. I say that because I only love feeling the negative emotions if I can find appreciation in them, which only happens if I love the songs they are in along with the musical itself. The negative emotions need support in order to be worth feeling.