I have been at Gardner Webb since Spring of 2015. It has taught me so many things. Listed below are some of the things I learned and discovered.
- Importance of doing things outside of my comfort zone
- How to be a leader
- How to be more open-minded
- How to see things from a different perspective
- Showed me how to become a better person
- How to truly understand who you are
- To truly explore and nurture my strong spirituality
- Showed me what I eventually want to do with my life
College is a wonderful way for you to discover who you are as a person. You get to learn many valuable skills later in life. Some of the things I learned still need lots of work. I am more open to who I am as a person and have a bigger spirituality. I learned more independence from living in the dorms. I will continue to try to practice some of the skills I learned. I know I am always growing each and every day. Gardner Webb is the perfect place for me to truly become who I am as a person. Being more open-minded can be challenging especially when you want to stay true to yourself. It is very easy to make assumptions before giving something a chance, but at least I am not doing that as much as I once did.